Argentine court summons Justin Bieber over alleged assault: Telam

By

An Argentine court has ordered pop star Justin Bieber to appear before it within two months to face questions about an alleged assault on a photographer at a Buenos Aires nightclub last year, state-run news agency Telam reported on Thursday.

The photographer, Diego Pesoa, accused Bieber and one of his bodyguards of lashing out at him when he tried to take a picture of the Canadian singer as he left the club in the capital's trendy Palermo Hollywood neighborhood.

Telam said the magistrate, Facundo Cubas, had requested the assistance of Argentina's Interpol branch to help locate Bieber, who has had a string or run-ins with the law in several countries.

Bieber should be detained if he failed to appear or failed to explain why he was unable to present himself before the court, Telam cited Cubas as saying.

"Bieber has to come to Argentina, and it won't be to sing," Pesoa's lawyer, Matias Morla, told local TV channel C5N.

There was no immediate reaction from Bieber's representatives to the report.

Tags
Justin Bieber, Assault, Hollywood
Join the Discussion
More News
Judge Gavel

Police Solves Cold Case Using DNA From Cigarette To Find Man Involved in 1982 Rape and Murder Case of 13-Year-Old Girl

Exonerate

DNA Evidence Exonerates 4 Men Arrested for Infamous 1991 Yogurt Shop Murder: 'Their Entire Youth Was Taken Away From Them'

Former Prince Andrew

Police Arrests Former Prince Andrew on Suspicion of Misconduct After Leaks of Communication With Late Sex Offender Jeffrey Epstein

Mountaineer Couple

39-Year-Old Mountaineer Receives Suspended Five-Month Prison Sentence After Leaving Girlfriend To Freeze to Death on Austria's Highest Peak