Is Reward Video Ad Legit?
May 23, 2021 08:31 PM EDT
You certainly have come across a game giving you rewards for watching an Ad!
Most games use Rewarded play as a feature to allow premium access in exchange for watching a short Advertisement. It is one of the ways games make money!
What is Rewarded Play?
Rewarded Play or Gaming is a process of receiving in-game currency, tips, or support such as extra lives in exchange for watching an advertisement inside the game. This all relates to a better-built game with an excellent thought-out gaming experience. It allows developers to better connect with the players and the players to interact better with the game making it a win-win situation for both parties.
What values does Rewarded Play bring to Game developers ?
Rewarded Gaming is excellent way of monetizing games and makes sure game players access premium gaming stuff without exchanging money. Some of the advantages are:
● Fair Play - Rewarded Play improves the chances that everyone can have a better and have a more relatable experience playing the game. It allows players access to premium stuff through rewards and doesn't boost players who spend money to advance.
● Better Engagement - Free-to-Play gamers love the fact that they can earn rewards simply by spending some time watching an ad and not straight up pay for everything. This makes the community a better place and helps with the complete game experience.
● Improved economy - The in-game currency will not be skewed towards the game players that fork cash to collect coins, rewards, or level. By allowing users who can't or won't pay, access via 15 second ads, game developers make sure to equitably distribute in-game currencies.
What values does Rewarded Play bring to Advertisers?
Rewarded Play (Rewarded Video Ads) brings unique benefits that advertisers seek when they run their ads online: mainly focused recipient. Some other benefits of using Rewarded Ads:
● Engaged audience - completion rates on Rewarded Video Ads is 75% or more (source- www.AppLixir.com - Rewarded Video Ad), which is significantly higher than the single digit rates we see on other formats. What this tells advertisers, among other things, is that users DO engage with the advertisement. This is a big thing considering how limited/short attention span we have.
● Increases Brand Value - The fact that Reward Video Ads are initiated by users removes the inconvenience and Ad fatigue advertisement has created in our lives. That by itself creates a positive association with the Ad. These positive association coupled with better engagement certainly provides a fertile ground for communicating advertisers' message / brand.
● Higher ROI on Ad Spend - There is nothing better than an uninterrupted 30 second ad message delivered to a willing & receptive audience.
Is it right to reward users for watching an Ad?
The truth is, everything we do in life is transactional. That is, for everything we get, we pay in money, time, or something else. Reward Video Ads are the same in nature. You get certain reward inside the game for giving 30 seconds of your time. There is always the alternative - pay $.
Since 98%+ of users will not pay for in-game rewards (Source - AppLixir.com), money will not exchange hands. Instead, what game developers have found as solution is - trade few seconds of users' time in exchange for in-game rewards.
So, is it right to reward users for watching an Ad? - absolutely, Yes!
With Rewarded Video Ads, everyone benefits. Game developers are able to monetize 98% of their users, advertisers will enjoy higher Return on investment on Dollar spent and last but not least, gamers will access premium quality game items, rewards and coins!
The article is written by Robel Alemu @ AppLixir.
If you are interested in Implementing a Legit Rewarded Ad Experience, you can visit www.applixir.com