Suspect in Fatal New York Cab Crash, Julio Acevedo, Charged with Vehicular Manslaughter

By

Julio Acevedo, the suspect in a hit-and-run crash that killed a Brooklyn Orthodox Jewish couple and their baby on March 3, has been charged with second-degree vehicular manslaughter, the Kings County District office announced on Tuesday. Acevedo was indicted last week, accused of hitting a livery cab carrying Nathan and Raizy Glauber, both 21.

While we knew it was a snowy evening and the defendant was speeding, our investigation has developed additional information concerning the nature of Mr. Acevedo's conduct leading up to the fatal crash," said District Attorney Charles J. Hynes. as pregnant, and the couple's son was delivered prematurely by cesarean but died the next day.

Acevedo could face up to life in prison if convicted. An investigation since the fatal cash indicated that Acevedo was traveling almost 70 miles-per-hour, more than twice the legal speed accident happened. He then fled after the collision. He was ultimately arrested after a friend helped to facilitate his surrender in the parking lot of a convenience store in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.

Acevedo already has been charged with leaving the scene of an incident, the DA office said, pleading not guilty.

Tags
Manslaughter, Hit-And-Run, Brooklyn

© 2025 Lawyer Herald All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Discussion
More News
Campbell

Amish Mom's Twisted Reason For Throwing Young Son Into Lake to Drown Revealed: 'Prove Their Worthiness'

Travis Kelce, Taylor Swift

Lawyers Weigh In on Travis Kelce Taylor Swift Prenups As Singer's Fortune Dwarfs NFL Star's $90M Net Worth

amish

Amish Mom Who Intentionally Drove Kids Into Lake on Vacation Told Cops She Had 'Given Her Son to The Lord'

Travis Decker Update: FBI Launches New Search

FBI Search For 'Killer Dad' Travis Decker Narrows to Campground As 100 Agents Comb Wilderness