Buy Your Sunglasses Online
Aug 13, 2021 01:50 PM EDT
Do you want to buy sunglasses on the internet and benefit from the best prices? We have summarized here the main criteria for buying a pair of buy glasses online on the Internet.
Goggles and UV protection
To benefit from good sun protection, you must take these two criteria into account:
*100% UV400 lenses, that is, complying with the European standard that guarantees that sunglasses will not let more than 5% of UVB rays pass through. Contrary to popular belief, an inexpensive pair of sunglasses - less than $ 30 or $ 50 - will be able to protect you effectively against UV rays, the CE marking on the inside of the temples is the essential point that ensures protection. of your eyes.
*Protection level: the protection category is given by a number from 0 to 4 that indicates the level of filtration. When the category is not indicated, they are usually category 3 sunglasses, but must be checked in the product sheet. Therefore, to choose the category, you must first know what the use of your sunglasses will be.
- In the presence of strong light (sea, mountain): choose category 4 lenses.
- In summer with very good weather or for driving: choose category 3 lenses.
- In sunny weather, in the city: choose category 2 lenses.
- In gray weather or at the end of the season: choose Category 1 lenses.
The tint of the glasses
Lens tint has nothing to do with UV protection or degree of filtration. Very dark glass can protect much less than clear glass. These are the advantages of each of the colors:
- Brown is the most common shade: it improves contrasts and offers better vision. The brown tone is especially recommended for people with myopia.
- Gray is more respectful of natural colors, it is recommended for hyperopia and for the practice of certain sports such as golf.
- Green improves the perception of color nuances and also helps limit eyestrain. Gray-green (the famous Ray-Ban G15) provides a feeling of well-being.
- Yellow or orange tints are very suitable for driving at night or in fog because they increase the perception of contrasts in conditions of reduced visibility.
- Pink or blue glasses do not have any optical characteristics and will be chosen above all for their fashion or aesthetic side.
A gradient effect tint: It will be useful for reading in a sunny location or for driving by providing a better view of the dash.
The mirror effect tint: In addition to the aesthetic aspect (or the choice to go incognito!), It improves the filtration quality of the lenses. The mirror effect can be weak (people will see your eyes) or strong (we will not see your eyes or very little): to choose according to your tastes!
Treatments or options
- Polarized lenses complement the sun protection of your glasses very well by suppressing glare from reflective surfaces. They provide an immediate feeling of comfort and are very suitable for driving, sports, proximity to the sea, bodies of water or snow.
- Photochromic lenses, whose tint varies according to the intensity of the light, allow you not to worry about removing your glasses or not depending on the light conditions.
And, of course, as with prescription glasses: anti-reflective, anti-scratch, anti-dirt, anti-drip and thinner provide additional comfort. The price of the treatments will be added to the price of your sunglasses.
Some online shopping sites offer the addition of corrective lenses. We advise you to go to the store if your correction is very strong or if these are your first corrective lenses.
Not all frames are adaptable to the eye, and in particular for progressive lenses (for these, the height of the lenses must be sufficient). You can usually choose from corrective sunglasses or eye-friendly frames from the menu on the optician's site. For simple unifocal lenses, the price is around $ 40 or $ 50 (price to which you will have to add options if necessary).
We hope this post has been helpful.