Bill Cosby Filed Breach of Contract Against One of his Accusers Over Sexual Assault Case

By

American stand-up comedian Bill Cosby has filed a lawsuit against a woman who accused him of sexual assault, including her mother, lawyers as well as the National Enquirer publisher. The lawsuit stated they had committed breach of contract.

According to Deadline, Bill Cosby who faces sexual assault accusations from over 50 women, filed a lawsuit in federal court in Philadelpia against one of his accusers, Andrea Constand. He also named Constand's mother, Gianna Constand, her attorneys, Dolores Troiani and Bebe Kivitz and the National Enquirer magazine, as defendants, court records show.

On the complaint filed on February 1, Cosby's suit stated that the defendants repeatedly "disclosed information" that they promised to keep secret, violating the provisions in the Confidential Settlement Agreement.

Constand, previously worked at Temple University back in the year 2004, accused the comedian actor of drugging her and sexually assaulted her. She filed a lawsuit against Cosby in 2005 and has been resolved with the said confidential settlement, the Guardian reported. On Cosby's breach of contract lawsuit, he is seeking to return the money settlement from Constand.

He also claims both the mother and daughter defendants are citizens of Canada who are outside the jurisdictional reach of the Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, District Attorney, still "they voluntarily participated in a 2015 re-investigation of Andrea Constand's allegations against Mr. Cosby", according to his 29-page complaint.

The complaint also continues with their attorney, Dolores Troiani, whom he claims, they voluntarily cooperated with the investigation and turned over her case files, which violates the said Confidential agreement. The Reuters also reported, publisher National Enquirer, has published stories and interviews regarding Constand's allegations against Cosby despite its promise to not publish any stories relating to certain allegations against Cosby.

Cosby is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on the felony case on 8 March. If convicted, he could face up to 10 years in prison.

© 2025 Lawyer Herald All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Discussion
More Lawfirm | Lawyer
Who is Eliotte Heinz: Missing Wisconsin Grad Student Found Dead

Devon Flanagan Arrest Explained: Did the Rhode Island Assistant Attorney General Threaten Police Over a Body-Cam Dispute?

Nevada Workers' Comp Insurance Rates Set to Rise in 2025

Nevada Workers' Comp Insurance Rates Set to Rise in 2025: What Employers and Employees Need to Know

Joseph Dedvukaj

Justice from the Ground Up: How Joseph Dedvukaj Turned Immigrant Struggle into a Legal Mission for Michigan's Injured

Spinal Cord Injury from a Car Accident

Spinal Cord Injury from a Car Accident | Get the Facts