Nestle India says to start sale of Maggi noodles within this month

By

Nestle India Ltd plans to commence the sale of popular Maggi noodles within this month, after court-mandated tests at three laboratories cleared all the samples with lead much below permissible levels, the company said on Wednesday.

The Indian unit of the Swiss food giant Nestle SA has been grappling with its worst public relations crisis after local regulators reported in May that some packets of the Maggi noodles contained unsafe levels of lead.

The regulator's findings led to a nationwide ban on its Maggi instant noodles and the company had to order a recall of the product a month later, which cost it about 66 million Swiss francs ($67 million).

On Wednesday, Nestle's India unit said in a statement that the newly manufactured Maggi noodles were cleared for consumption by all three laboratories mandated by the Bombay High Court.

Last month, Nestle India said its quarterly profit dropped 60 percent, as the company reels from the impact of the ban on its Maggi noodles in the country.

Join the Discussion
More News
US-RELIGION-CRIME

Fatal San Diego Mosque Shooting Intensifies Debate Over Federal Hate Crime Enforcement

Mackenzie Shirilla

Mackenzie Shirilla's Dad Says He Couldn't Control Her Choices To Use Drugs, Calls Prosecutor in Daughter's Murder Case Lazy

San Diego Mosque Shooting

San Diego Mosque Shooters Shared Live Video of the Attack and Lengthly Document Citing Islamophobic Views

Luigi Mangione

Judge Allows Luigi Mangione's Notebook Writings and Gun To Be Included as Evidence in Upcoming Murder Trial