Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter Addresses Alleged Bar Brawl and Arrest in Florida, Apologizes on Twitter
Jan 25, 2016 12:09 AM EST
Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter was allegedly part of a brawl at a bar in Key West, Florida resulting to his arrest. He has opened up about the topic for the first time as he apologized regarding the incident on Twitter.
In a report by Entertainment Weekly, the boy band member took to Twitter on Saturday to speak about the arrest. The whole post reads: "I am human and at times it can be a struggle to balance a healthy lifestyle. I'm not perfect and for that I am sorry." He has been arrested on a misdemeanor battery charge.
Aside from that, Carter also said that he hopes people will stay by his side and walk with him adding, "When we fall we have to get up and keep on walking," US Weekly reported.
It was previously reported that the 35-year-old Backstreet Boys member was put behind bars by the Monroe County Sheriff's Office last January 13 after he was involved on a fight that broke out at the bar called Hog's Breath Saloon. As per the police documents, Carter was with another man named Michael Papayans and both were intoxicated.
Business Standard reported that Carter and Papayans were both asked to leave the bar as they have already drank too much. It was after the said request that they allegedly attacked the bouncer. They also reportedly head-butted another employee while Carter grabbed the bouncer by the throat. Police officials said that the whole altercation was captured by a security camera in the area.
Officials were then called and Carter and Papayans were taken into custody. The 35-year-old singer was released a day after with a $1,500 bail. He also appeared in court.
According to reporters who were outside the court, Carter said, "I'm just a guy trying to enjoy some vacation time in Key West. The truth will come out."
Carter who is expecting his first child, a son, with his wife Lauren Kitt, is slaed to appear in court this February 8.