The Expendables 4 is confirmed, with new comers The Rock, Hulk Hogan
Dec 30, 2015 05:41 AM EST
The Expendables 4 is confirmed to start production in 2016 with official casts including Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, and new comers Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Hulk Hogan.
Christian Today wrote that the entire Expendables franchise is Stallone's baby. He is behind the project, as well as in front. Another new comer in the fourth installment is Pierce Brosnan. The film's budget would be over $100 million.
Movie News Guide reported that Statham is very excited to shoot the film. The British superstar will reprise his role as Lee Christmas. In an interview with IGN, he said he is thrilled to begin production since he is a big fan of Stallone. He said he grew up watching Stallone's movies, and he has become a fan ever since.
The Expendables have gained a strong following in China, according to Cross Map, which is why there are reports that the cast and crew may shoot in the country. There are no official release dates, but it is expected to hit theaters in 2017.
Hulk Hogan is said to be the main villain of the movie. The production team is looking for a stunt double for Hogan's running scenes. Besides Hulk Hogan and The Rock, Steve Austin is another wrestler to star in the movie.
There are no official reports on the movie's story, but it seems like there would be deaths among the main characters in the film. Stallone in an interview said, "I personally just believe that the characters become identifiable and their demise could put a dark cloud over an audience exiting the theater after seeing the film. But that may change in 'Expendables 4.'"
So far, one of the major deaths of a protagonist in the franchise was in Expendables 2. It was Billy the Kid played by Liam Hemsworth. He was killed by Jean-Claude Van Damme's character in that movie.