Donald Trump on Kate Middleton’s Topless Photos
Sep 21, 2012 02:32 PM EDT
The always opinionated millionaire Donald Trump took to Twitter to tell the world "Who wouldn't take Kate's picture and make lots of money if she does the nude sunbathing thing. Come on Kate!"
On his Twitter page @realDonaldTrump, the reality TV star said, "Kate Middleton is great-but she shouldn't be sunbathing in the nude-only herself to blame."
It is important to note that Middleton was sunbathing in a private residence of the Queen's nephew Viscount Linley, Château d'Autet while vacationing in France.
Like Us on Facebook
Last week, a French judge ruled to block the French gossip magazine "Closer" from publishing its issue which revealed topless pictures of Middleton.
According to the injunction issued, the Closer must relinquish all copies within 24 hours to the court. In addition, the gossip magazine will be fined with $13,100 per day if it fails to handover all the published pictures by Friday. The injunction also forbids the magazine to sell or republish any of the pictures.
The court ruling read as reported by the Associated Press: "These snapshots which showed the intimacy of a couple, partially naked on the terrace of a private home, surrounded by a park several hundred meters from a public road, and being able to legitimately assume that they are protected from passers-by, are by nature particularly intrusive...They were thus subjected to this brutal display the moment the cover appeared."
Lawyer for the royal couple, Maud Sobel told the Associated Press that royal family "welcome the judge's ruling," calling it "a wonderful decision... We've been vindicated."
It is still unclear whether the royal couple will file a similar suit against the Italian gossip magazine "Chi" The Italian magazine is owned by the same company which owns the French "Closer," Mondadori group, which is in turn owned by former Italian Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi.
The Royal family filed suit against the French gossip magazine, "Closer," for publishing the pictures, which the French court called a "brutal display of private moments," as reported by the Associated Press.
According to Radar Online, the royal palace released a legal statement as follows, "legal proceedings for breach of privacy have been commenced today in France" by the royal couple, which they described as "grotesque and totally unjustifiable."
St. James's Palace official in London told the AP, "Their Royal Highnesses had every expectation of privacy in the remote house. It is unthinkable that anyone should take such photographs, let alone publish them...We feel a line has been crossed with their publication."